The flan is one of the most consumed desserts in much of the world. The sweet touch that it brings to the palate and the enormous number of alternatives that it offers in its elaboration, especially in flavor, making it a dish full of nuances and that can be easily adapted to the taste of each one.
Condensed milk is one of the ingredients with which you can make one of the most exquisite recipes for the homemade custard to offer, for example, at a family meal, a celebration or a special event. To finish off a menu with sweetness, this flan is an ideal dish with which you will succeed as a host. In addition, if you decide to make the candy also at home, you will achieve texture and a flavor totally different from that found in supermarkets, giving more quality to the recipe.
- Whole milk: 500 ml
- Condensed milk: 370 gr
- 5 eggs
- Vanilla essence or extract: 1 tablespoon
- Sugar for the caramel: 4 tablespoons
- A few drops of lemon juice and water
1. Once you have the indicated ingredients, take note of these steps to make a flan with condensed milk and you will see that it is easy and that it is very rich. First of all, you need to preheat the oven to a temperature of 170 o C. Specifically, put the heat on top and bottom without air.
2. While the oven is heating, make the caramel using the sugar and the lemon drops and water to give the ideal contrast of flavor, balancing the sweet side with the more acidic. If you have doubts when preparing it, here you can see How to make a caramel.
Then, take the mold with which you are going to make this homemade custard and cover it with the caramel. If you wish, you can also make individual containers to make small flan.
3. Once you have the caramel, you can focus on making the base of the flan. To do this, beat the eggs together with the whole milk and add the condensed milk, all mixed in a bowl. Avoid by all means that a lot of foam is generated so as not to spoil the final result of the recipe: the important thing is to get creaminess in the dough.
4. Fill the oven tray with hot water, taking the height of the mold as a reference, try to cover a third, and raise the temperature to 200 o C until the water boils.
5. Take the cream that you have made from the flan with condensed milk and put it in the mold or the individual containers. Cover it with aluminum foil and put it in the tray filled with water that you have previously left in the oven. The baked custard condensed milk should be at a temperature of 200 or C.
It will take around 50 or 60 minutes to cook, but it will largely depend on the type of mold you have used and its size. In any case, after 40 minutes you can check its condition to see that the production is on track. At unCOMO, we also recommend that, in the last 10 minutes of baking, you remove the aluminum foil in order for the flan to brown or take color on the top.
6. Once the curdling and golden color is achieved, you will practically have the recipe: open the oven and remove the tray carefully so as not to burn yourself with the water or with the tray.
After 50 minutes of cooking, you can check with a knife or any other cutlery you have on hand if the flan is completely set. How do you know? Very simple: if you insert it to the bottom of the mold and it comes out practically clean, it will be ready. Otherwise, you must leave it a little longer in the oven (approximately 5 or 10 minutes) for it to finish curdling.
7. Finally, you will have to let the flan with condensed milk fresh from the oven cool down before serving it to eat. Leave it for a few minutes at room temperature and then store it in the fridge. Do not be in a hurry to eat it because the end result will be better if you wait for the next day so that it is very cold.
Before serving, you must remove the flan from the mold and place it on a plate, bathing it with the caramel that you had made. Here we explain how to unmold a flan.
8. Once the question of how to make condensed milk custard has been solved, it’s time to discover how you can introduce it into your diet, as well as how many calories the condensed milk custard has. This dessert has 304 calories for every 100 grams, so you should eat it in moderation. One way to make it healthier is to reduce the amount of sugar and condensed milk used, despite the fact that the flavor may suffer. If not, take advantage of a day when you want to treat yourself to making this type of flan and keep in mind to practice some exercise regularly.
This recipe and, above all, the amounts of the indicated ingredients, is intended for a total of 6 diners, so it is another way to keep in mind to decrease the total calories ingested. In other words, share this homemade flan with your family or friends and enjoy a delicious dessert to the fullest.
If you liked this condensed milk pudding recipe, don’t hesitate to try this other one of coconut flan with condensed milk.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to make condensed milk flan, we recommend you visit our Recipes category.
You may also like to read- https://spinsurf.co.uk/