There are many benefits of facial massage but it also has some contraindications, this article talks about everything related to it.
What is a facial massage?
Facial massage is a manual technique accompanied by creams and beauty products. It is applied, as the name implies, specifically on the face although some passes are also made in the neck area.
These passes are soft and relaxing combining circulatory and relaxing type, making facial massage a good treatment for skin and stress. We suggest visiting Best Facials in Manhattan.
How does it work?
Stimulating the muscles of the face with a facial massage helps to oxygenate that area, which helps to take care of the skin naturally since increased blood flow stimulates the production of collagen so, in addition to taking care of it, we are also fighting the aging.
This type of massage has been used since ancient times to take care of facial skin and its benefits can be taken advantage of by both women and men.
To get all the benefits of facial massage you must follow the different passes described above, which fulfill the following functions:
Circulatory passes: They stimulate the circulatory system allowing a better transport of oxygen and nutrients from the skin, which improves the overall appearance of the skin leaving it smoother, brighter, healthier and therefore rejuvenated. In addition, it facilitates the absorption of beauty products that are applied with facial massage more efficiently.
You may also like- Types of lips
Relaxing passes: As the name indicates the function of these massage maneuvers is to relax the muscles of the face that, by decreasing their tension, so will wrinkles. This relaxation is transmitted to the whole body with a feeling of pleasant tranquility that brings benefits to the general well-being. Visit Waxing in NYC to get the best care of waxing.
The aesthetic products normally used for facial massage are:
Cleansing milk: to clean the skin of impurities.
Hydrating creams: to moisturize the skin and keep it protected from external aggressions: cold, heat and environmental pollution (tobacco, traffic, kitchen steam, etc.)
Nourishing creams: provide necessary components for skin health.
Tonic: eg used in combination or oily skin to tone and refresh it.
Benefits of facial massage
The benefits of facial massage go far beyond aesthetics, some of these benefits are:
- It rejuvenates the skin of the face.
- By increasing blood flow, collagen production is favored, which delays the appearance of the signs of aging.
- Refreshes the complexion and helps your health.
- It helps the skin of the face remain more elastic.
- It alleviates the effects of tension and stress on the face.
- It helps fight stress.
- Another benefit of facial massage is that it helps fight the pouches that form under the eyes.
- It brings a state of pleasant tranquility.
- It leaves a feeling of well-being in the mind that helps in personal and health balance.
When a facial massage should not be performed
We have known the benefits of facial massage but it is also convenient to know when we should not undergo a session of this type of massage:
- Fever, infectious diseases, and contagious diseases.
- Inflammation, recent wounds, bruising on the face or scars from recent surgeries.
- Tumors or cysts in the area.
- Infectious skin diseases, such as fungi or lupus.
- Non-infectious diseases, such as allergic dermatitis or burns.
- In case of deep acne medical advice is needed.
Facial massage with devices
The facial massage can also be performed with electrical and mechanical devices that have other features, such as a high-frequency vaporizer or ultraviolet rays.
These provide better techniques for the skin penetration of products or to reach muscles that are not available manually.
Manual facial massage has the special advantage of human contact, whose effect on psycho-emotional well-being and health is more than studied and proven. Combining both techniques at some time allows you to take advantage of each one. Finally we recommended Spa in Manhattan and Best nail Salon in Manhattan to know more details.