Today I want to give you some very practical tips to be happy and to help you develop your self-esteem. If you keep reading, you will realize that it is not so difficult to achieve happiness. By applying what you are going to learn here, you will feel more free, full and joyful, and you will cease to depend on external factors.
Happiness depends mainly on you, and on your way of seeing things. It is something that will be born from within, and therefore, it does not depend on what others do. Self-esteem is also something that is going to develop within you, depending on what you do.
Here are 7 tips that will help you become happier, and develop your self-esteem …
- Feel happy for 5 minutes a day: It does not matter that you do not have a reason, just feel happy. If it’s hard for you, remember the happiest times in your life, and try to reproduce that feeling.
- Try to smile most of the time: Do it every time you remember, and if you forget, you can tie a cord on your finger and just smile whenever you see or feel it. The smile has great power over our state of mind.
- Dedicate 5 minutes a day to relax and meditate: This will help you to free yourself of any worry or anguish that does not leave you alone. First look for a quiet place where you can get comfortable, begin to breathe deeply counting to 4 while inhaling, while you hold the air and exhale. Try to keep your mind blank, and enjoy being alive and the pleasant sensations of your body.
- Reserve time for yourself: It is important that you spend at least half an hour doing something you enjoy. It may be reading a good book, watching a movie, eating your favorite dish or just sitting back and relaxing.
- See the positive side of things: When something bad happens to you, think that everything has a positive side, obstacles and problems are there for us to learn some important lesson, and also people have their qualities. If you learn to see only the positive side of everything around you, you will feel much better.
- Never criticize or complain: People who pass by criticizing others and complaining about everything, waste their energy and become unable to succeed. In addition, they become pessimistic and infect more people of their bad mood.
- Strive to achieve what you want: People often lose meaning to life, when they have no dreams or have lost them. Having goals and working to reach them will help you stay motivated, happy and passionate about what you do every day of your life. If you know that your effort will bring you great rewards, you will be happy working on it.
It may not be so easy to feel happy or smile without reason at first. But I’m sure you can do it with a little practice. Being happy is just a matter of changing your attitude, and if you consider these 7 tips, you will succeed.